As soon as a baby enters in your family, a lot of responsibilities come along with them. One of the major ones is the safety factor. Especially when you are traveling, it is important to check on whether the baby is safe in the car. This is provided by the Infant Car Seats, but you need to install them in the right manner.
How to Install Infant Car Seat
I have seen parents getting the Car Seat done carelessly, while only a few of them knows how to get it done rightly. One overlook of the parent can put the baby’s life in danger. Therefore, it is the responsibility of you as a parent to set the Infant Car Seat in the right manner, and take your baby for a safe ride.
There are two ways in which you can set the Car Seat for your baby. One is using the Car Seat Belt, and the other one is using the Lower Anchors.
Infant Car Seat Installation using the Car Seat Belt
- Read out the instruction manual carefully, and you will get the owner’s manual separately. So before starting with the installation read all the details provided about the Car Seat. Find the section where you will get the steps on how to lock the seat belt. Understand the steps, as not all the car seats come along with the same setup procedure. So you need to know the method adopted by your unit.
- Take the car seat base, and place it on the back seat of your car.
- Now take the seat belt, and keep on threading it through the rear-facing path given by belts. While doing this, you need to check if any folds are created on the seat belt.
- Time to buckle up the seat belt. And then, lock the seat belt.
- Press this base on the seat firmly, and tighten up. The base should not move side to side, or any manner. They must not move more than 1 inch of length.
- One of the major concerns is the angle in which the seat base is reclined. Keep it semi-reclined; this will keep the air passage sufficient for the baby. Some units have got the angle indicators, which will assist you rightly.
- In the end, set the infant carrier seat to the installed base.
- Most of the steps remain the same, only difference is that the Car Seat Belts are replaced by the Lower Anchors. To getting started with this, read the instructions thoroughly. This is said because all the infant car seats come with different mechanisms and settings. So, it is important to know your system well.
- Take the base of the car seat, and place it on the back seat of the car. The back seat is the safest place in a car, and the rear facing provides protection to head, spine, and back.
- Look out for the lower anchors present on your vehicle.
- Take the lower anchor attachments on the car seat base, and get them connected to your vehicle’s anchor component. It is important to note if the straps are not twisted during setup.
- Finally press down the base of the car seat firmly, so that it does not move in any direction. If you find some issue with the setting, check all the connections and tighten up the base.
- You need to make sure that the reclining is done at a proper angle. It is preferable and comfortable for the baby.
- You are now done with the setup. Just place the baby carrier on the base portion.