If you are 36 weeks pregnant, then you must know What all things should be packed in your hospital bag. Even though you are planning to visit the hospital in the coming days, it is always better to have the bag ready! That time would arrive unexpectedly, and at that point, you can quickly move out with the packed bag.
What to Pack in Hospital Bag for Baby
You must know that there are certain rules set by the hospitals regarding the things which are allowed to be brought. We are aware that you can’t sleep without your favorite pillow, but not many hospitals allow them to be used by the mommies. Or there may be some space constraints, so you need to consider the things you are planning to take along with you.
We would like to divide this article into three sections. They are,
- What will you need to pack for labor?
- What should you pack for after-birth? &
- What should be packed for the baby care?
What do you need to pack for labor?
- One of the must-takes is all the documents relating to the birth plan and other forms.
- Some of your comfortable gowns which are light weighted. For the purpose of hiding stains, you can opt for clothes of a darker shade.
- Socks! Yes during the time of labor feet gets cold. So don’t forget socks.
- If you wish to have massage during the delivery period, take your massage oil or lotion in the bag.
- One of your old night dresses or T-shirts. It will get dirty so don’t purchase a new one for just one day use.
- Hairband or hair clip, if you have long hairs, then it is best to keep them tied up.
- Take your lip balm, because lips will dry quickly during the labor time.
- Some snacks or other energizing drinks during the childbirth time. Taking some glucose tablets is also a good idea.
- Reading helps in keeping the mind relaxed. You can take any book or magazine for reading.
- Even listening music helps. So you can bring the CD, or iPods with all your favorite songs.
What should you pack for after-birth?
- Taking care of mommy after the childbirth is important. Bring your favorite gown or the going-home clothes which are loose and comfortable too.
- Bring around 3 to 4 feeding bras.
- Breast pads and Maternity pads. Make sure you bring enough of them, 3 to 4 packs for each.
- Another must to bring things include toothpaste, toothbrush, towels, and hairbrush.
- Some pair of old or disposable knickers, those which are comforting over the scars.
- Night wears and T-shirts. Front-opening shirts are recommended for the initial breastfeeding days.
- Earplugs and Eye-Mask, if there are strong lit lights in your room or the ward is noisy.
What should be packed for the baby care?
- Blanket for the baby. While most of the hospitals are warm enough, but you will need them while you leave the hospital.
- 3 to 4 Sleep-Suits and other vests for your baby.
- A lot of nappies! Your baby will need about 12 to 13 of them in one day.
- One set of socks and boot for the newborn.
- Jacket or any other snowsuit for all the winter babies.
Our experts at Mom’s Picks believe that every mommy must pack all the above-listed items during labor. You may require one or more additions, but we found that these are the Must-Pack ones. List out the ones which we missed out in the comment space below.